6921 Collinswood Dr, Nashville, TN, 37221
phone: +1 615 335 4375
PGP fingerprint: ED7D 6EA1 2357 97AF AAC7
1E51 0256 FE61 F29F 4290
Profile and Objective
- Software developer and with experience in
peta-scale data management, distributed systems,
and web services.
- Accomplished scientific researcher with an extensive mathematical
background and experience with a wide range of data analysis
techniques and scientific methodology.
- Experienced in development of analysis and simulation code,
RESTful webservices, and cluster monitoring
in C++ and python.
- Interested in Nashville-based and remote opportunities to work
dynamic team developing web services and analytics tools,
and to extend development skills with cutting
Vanderbilt University (2017-present)
- Job Title: Senior Linux System Administrator
- ACCRE Facility
IBM Cloudant (2015-2017)
- Job title: Cloudant Software Engineer.
- Re-architected the Cloudant account metering system
as a distributed application.
- Planning and development for Cloudant integration with
IBM Identity Access Management (IAM) system.
- Collaboration with Operations and Customer Support including
taking shifts when required.
- Supporting work in Cloudant-to-DashDB integration for
- Automation of the Cloudant service API integration testing
Vanderbilt University (2014-2015)
- Job title: Postdoctoral research associate.
- Member of the international
Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS)
project with computing and software responsibilities.
- Development and use of monitoring and data transfer software
petascale data analysis computing center.
- Development of stochastic simulations for analyzing
the efficiency and tuning the performance of pattern recognition
University School of Nashville (2003-2008)
- Job Title: High School Mathematics and Physics Teacher.
- Taught AP Physics C and AP Statistics courses with
a pass rate above 95%.
- Completed Vanderbilt Research Experience for Teachers (RET)
program in functional MRI and developed published physics
- Piloted distance learning mathematical physics course while
stationed in Geneva, Switzerland (2010).
Vanderbilt University (2008-2014)
- Degree Earned: Ph.D. Physics (Relativistic Heavy Ion Collisions)
- Dissertation Title: Measurement of Charged-Particle Transverse
Momentum Spectra in PbPb Collisions at √sNN
= 2.76 TeV and in pPb Collisions at √sNN =
5.02 TeV with the CMS detector
Miami University (2000-2002)
- Degree Earned: M.A. Mathematics (Graph Theory)
- Thesis Title: On the Bandwidth of a Product of
Miami University (1997-2000)
- Degree Earned: B.S. Mathematics and Engineering Physics
- Cum Laude
- Over five years experience developing data analysis,
cluster monitoring, and web services
software in C++ and python.
- Data analysis using CERN ROOT C++ framework.
- Understanding of RESTful API principles, HTTP, and common patterns in webservice implementations.
- Continuous integration: Jenkins and Travis-CI.
- Configuration management: chef, ansible.
- Revision control: git using the git-flow branching model, prior
experience in CVS and SVN.
- Markup: HTML, CSS, LaTeX, and markdown.
- Extensive Linux experience including cluster computing and cloud
- Quantitative statistical analysis including log-likelihood
maximization and ratio testing.
- Monte Carlo stochastic simulations and analysis of
systematic measurement uncertainties.
- Vector calculus and differential equations.
- Mathematical modeling, graph theory, and combinatorics.
- Object-oriented data analysis.
Selected Conference Presentations